May 24, 2012

Mother's Day- who knew?

 My Mother's Day gift this year was one that I will never forget and one that I hope gets passed down in our family.  Patrick lied...yes lied to me and told me that he was going into work one day when I went up to Bountiful to hang with my peeps.  He spent all day working on this for me and a few other hours the weekend leading up to Mother's Day.  I got kicked out of the house a few times. He said he had to go to Hobby Lobby three days in a row.  When Patrick puts his mind to things he can be super organized and very highly creative.  I asked him if he had seen this somewhere else before and he said no.  He is seriously more  creative than I am!  I just love copying others ideas most of the time.  I won't go into the details of this piece too much except to say that this painting did not come from one picture, but from about three or four pictures put together!  This was the sweetest gift I could have asked for and it was perfect.  How grateful I am for a husband who has this view of motherhood (including me!) and expresses it to me! I am forever grateful for the man I married and who is a great father! 
 Close up of Braxton. 

No comments:

Post a Comment